1.30.2013


Long story short...
I don't have the time nor funds to buy Pre-Bent Steel Tube..
So, my brain went tickin' and somethin click'd!
Pie - Cuts..

A mix of 11.25° - 15° Cuts on straight tube.

I wasn't going to muck around with tape and the Dremel..
So, I went out and got a Chop/ Cut -Off Saw off craigslist. - $45


Came with Three Discs..
Good ol' machine, does it's job.
Allows me to cut straight lines.. and makes it easier to recreate a similar cut.


So I cut, and cut.. About 14 Hours of it.
Cut then Debur etc...



52 Pieces later... And the ol' gluer, the slugs start formin..
The Chop Saw makes more sparks than anything I've used..
Its loud and runs hot through the cuts.. 
It actually would make nicer cuts blasting through a piece,
as opposed to chopping slowly.. 
Chopping slow generated too much heat and would warp the cutting edges..



Quick break.. 
I present you 'Baby'.. (June)
A darn good shawp dawwwoog.


Hi ....

Anyway.


Time for more fitment, but the down tubes for the second build are done..
Ill start another 42 Pie-Cuts for the Third Build.

I'll end up doing the whole assembly..
Later on in the week I'll take it over to Tyler's Shop
to have him finish up the welds with his TIG setup.





Toodles... 

No comments:

Post a Comment